243 N. Hermosa Avenue
Sierra Madre, California 91024-1760
Hours of Operation: Mon - Sat: 9:00 - 8:00
Reflexology is a noninvasive therapy using thumb and finger walking techniques on the hands, ears and feet to activate reflex points in the body (known as meridians, zones and nerve endings). It's believed that these body parts reflect "invisible full-body maps," that, when triggered, can alleviate pain and stress throughout your body.
When imbalance (tension, stress, discomfort, illness, pain, physical trauma, etc.) occurs in the body, blockage accumulates around nerve endings found in the reflex areas of the feet, hands and ears that correspond to the stressed part of the body. For example, when there is neck tension, blockage builds in the neck reflex area of the feet, hands and ears. By applying specific touch techniques, this blockage can be cleared and tension released.
While reflexology is not touted as a cure to what ails you, worldwide studies have shown it to alleviate symptoms by triggering the body's natural healing process, thus contributing to a better sense of overall well-being. It's usually performed in 75-minutes sessions in a soothing atmosphere.
- Stress reduction and profound relaxation for all parts of the body
- Pain reduction and/or elimination in the neck, shoulders, lower back and jaw
- Improved circulation resulting in better oxygen and nutrient supply to all the cells of the body
- Detoxification, improved organ and gland function
- Greater productivity and enriched quality of life, normalization of body functions
- Some have reported instant relief from migraine headaches